ICC is a recognized international association connecting cereal scientists and technologists around the world. We are committed to international cooperation through the dissemination of knowledge, conducting research, and developing standard methods. Founded in 1955, ICC is a non-political, not-for-profit organisation with its Headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
ICC is seeking a motivated individual to lead the ICC Headquarters in Vienna, Austria and to manage the association company ICC Services GmbH as
ICC Secretary General (Full-time position)
Your responsibilities will be
• Administrative as well as financial management incl. budget and personnel (4-5 staff) responsibility
• Competent and personal support for our international members incl. developing & implementing members services, and expansion of members
• Coordination and management of ICC committees and strategic working groups
• Project management, monitoring and reporting
• Event management and coordination incl. fund raising
• Contracts negotiations, day-to-day decision making with reporting to the Associations’ Committees
• Publication of website content, news items etc.
• Act as CEO for the related ICC Services GmbH
We expect from you
• A degree (University or equal) in one of the following areas is required: business administration, international relations, communication, food science/technology, nutrition, biotechnology, or similar
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in office management and/or research/production coordination/management
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and German is required, and a working knowledge of an additional language would be beneficial
• Excellent computer literacy
• A friendly and open-minded personality with good communication, negotiation, and diplomatic skills
• A technical knowledge and/or strong interest in the food and cereal industry, in food/cereal science and technology, and in validation and standardisation of methods will be a positive asset.
We offer you
• An attractive working place in the centre of Vienna / Austria linked to a government organisation
• Cooperation with motivated colleagues in a familiar working atmosphere with flat hierarchies and open communication culture
• A challenging job with the possibility to bring your own ideas to life
• A competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the candidate
This position is full-time management position
Start and place of the position: from 1. May 2021 onwards, 1010 Vienna/Austria
A minimum basic salary of EUR 3 650.00 gross / month applies to the advertised position with the willingness to overpay depending on qualifications and experience.
Have we piqued your interest? Then please send us your English application documents incl. motivation letter and CV by email to Ms. Sabine Gratzer