Jump to WP1
WP1 Needs and Demand Analysis
The aim of this work package and its tasks is to set a knowledge basis for the development of academic and CPD training (WP3 and 4) by:
- Compiling, structuring and analyzing collected and reported demand and needs from the food industry (from at least two selected projects)
- Supplementing this information with further input from the company and SME network introduced by the involved multiplier organizations and the consortium partners
- Identify needs most relevant to companies and referenced to consortium offers and skills
Process information and present output and recommendations to the consortium (especially WP3 and 4)
WP2 Establishment of the EU FooD-STA Centre
The aim of this WP and its task is to establish the EuFooD-STA network, which will be an organisational innovation hub to bridge the gap between academia, industry, and other key stakeholders in the food sector. It will bring together the various stakeholders to foster successful learning for students and graduates, as well as for industry staff and other stakeholders – according to their needs. It will be a consortium of representatives from universities, companies and students, supported by associated partners. It will coordinate innovative (1) academic (aiming at the development of a common “Industrial Master” as joint degree as well as tuning of existing curricula) and (2) CPD training. This will include for example the administration of joint degrees, internships, recruitment of students for joint master, organisation of CPD training, qualification/certification of study programmes, CPD trainings and professions at European level.
WP3 Continuous Professional Development
The aims of this work package and its task are to:
- develop training activities for HE teachers and industry professionals, tailored for the needs of the participating partners
- improve industry-oriented professional skills of HE-teachers
- improve science and technology skills of industry professionals
- develop a certification scheme for CPD training
|Result(s) (output(s) or outcome(s))||Delivery date|
|Database on existing training courses and expertise within the consortium (part of D3.1) (restricted)||M8/9|
|Certification scheme for CPD training (D3.2)||M10/11|
|Specifications of selected training activities (D3.3)||M12|
|CPD Training units for industry and university staff||M24/25|
|Report on developed training activities (D3.4)||M24/25|
|Report on test run of selected developed training activities (D3.5)||M30||Table: WP 3 deliverables
WP4 Food Study Programmes
The aim of this work package and its task is to:
- tune existing FSP
- improve industry-oriented professional skills of students, teachers and industry professionals
- integrate science and technology skills into industry
- develop a guideline for the implementation of a joint “Industrial Master” curriculum
Diverse educational and training activities will be carried out in collaboration with all the universities and industry partners of the consortium to encourage the development of a real working partnership between HE teachers and industry professionals including the development of an educational framework for students, teachers and professionals and a continuous flow of knowledge and expertise between universities and industry partners to enhance professional and entrepreneurial skills.
The implementation of a novel training approach to food processing and engineering education by integration of education, research and innovation will be developed in a close industry-academia collaboration.
Teaching and training will require the development of technology-enhanced teaching tools and materials (e-learning, webinars, virtual industry tours) that will be carried out in collaboration with WP5.
Task 4.2 and 4.3 will be properly designed in terms of contents and learning outcomes based on the results of the initial survey carried in WP1.
WP5 Innovative Teaching Methods and Tools
The aims of this WP and its tasks are to develop state-of-the-art teaching methods and tools to meet the requirements of WP3 and WP4. The methods and tools will be designed to give a strong fundamental basis in targeted scientific subjects (Food Engineering, Food Processing, Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, etc) and in addition to promote learning skills in written and oral communication, problem and project solving and team work.
The methods and tools will be suitable for food study programmes and CPD training and for different levels of participants as well, like BSc-, MSc-, PhD-students, HE teachers, graduated and non-graduated food professionals.
WP8 Dissemination & Exploitation
The aim of this work package and its task is to coordinate any dissemination of the project and its results to create awareness of the project undertakings and output by:
- Developing a dissemination strategy (including stakeholder analysis, dissemination guidelines, development of templates, the definition of dissemination material and channels)
- Development of website and dissemination material
- Ongoing engagement of all stakeholder groups and support of consortium partners
- IPR management and Exploitation (Identifying exploitable knowledge and developing an exploration plan)
Jump to WP1