Global Ingredient Quality Specialist - Your future position?
This position is responsible for the integrity of all ingredient in information which, in turn, affects the quality of regulatory, health & safety documentation and labels sent to customers. You will be part of the Global and multinational Global Ingredient and Cardex Management team. If you have sound knowledge in ingredient quality control/management here is our exciting role for you:
In this role you will be responsible for:
Maintenance of Global Ingredient Quality data:
- Responsible for raw material data integrity within the ingredient specifications systems that support flavour creation, customer documentation and Global Ingredient Management.
- Populates and maintains ingredient information in Quality Management System with regards to storage, shelf life, colour, specific gravity and other typical data needed to ensure proper functioning in the Givaudan systems.
- Establishes ingredient specifications for all ingredients used globally. Assures specifications meet the technical requirements and the valid policies on microbiology, contaminants, GMO, etc.
New Ingredient/ Alternate vendor approval:
- Owns the ingredient quality review section of this process.
- Assures that vendor specifications meets the Givaudan system specification and verifies this with vendor.
- Maintain vendor/ingredient databases accordingly.
- Takes lead in providing status of new requests and communicating to all parties
- Using the process to continuously improve quality specification templates.
Mass replacement & Harmonization, Issue Management:
- Assures specification of two merged ingredients are in alignment and notifies stakeholders executing the replacement of any discrepancies.
- Takes the initiative in any quality related issues noted and follows up until the case is solved together with Issue Management
- Give support to Flavours Creation and Application, Quality Control, Regulatory, Operations and Purchasing on ingredients specifications issues.
- Work as liaison between ICM Management and the supporting groups (Quality Management, Procurement and Quality control).
- Main daily contacts: ICM team, Procurement, Quality Control and Vendors
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come and join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- University or College degree preferably in biochemistry, biology, food security/ food quality field
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in the food/flavor industry
- Good organization skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.1 billion in 2017. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 100 locations, the company has more than 11,100 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at .