Applications Close: 01 June 2018
Salary: up to € 42,900 per annum based on experience
Contract Length: 10 months, starting from September 1st 2018
Applications are invited for a Research Fellow to join the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Department of Quality of Agricultural Products to work on a NMR-based chemometrics and quantitative metabolomics project in the field of food quality and nutrition science
NMR spectroscopy is now a well-established technique for obtaining information regarding the metabolic profile and quantitative information on chemical composition of body fluids, tissue extracts or foods. The main task of the candidate will be to establish protocols and pipelines for quantitative NMR and chemometrics analysis of biological samples, fermentation liquids and foods.
The primary role of the appointee will be to design and perform quantitative and chemometrics NMR methods in both liquid and semi-solid state (HR MAS), develop standard protocols in NMR of biofluids, fermentation liquids, herbal extracts, food (wheat, honey, etc.) for our 500MHz spectrometer. Process and prepare samples provided by other running experimental projects, involving project on medicinal cannabis quality control, polyphenol colonic catabolism, honey authenticity, flour baking properties, or faecal and urine biomarkers of nutritional intake.
Additional roles will involve training of Ph.D. students, mentoring MSc. theses, maintenance the instrument, reporting and results dissemination.
The ideal candidate:
- The candidate is expected to have acquired a Ph.D. in chemistry, physics or related applied sciences.
- Candidate must have previous experience with nuclear magnetic resonance based techniques (NMR), liquid- and possibly semi-solid state NMR, including use of data acquisition and processing software (Topspin, Amix, Assure NMR, Metaboanalyst, Chenomx....).
- The candidate should have an international postdoctoral experience with NMR, have a proven track record including at least five quality journal papers.
- The ideal candidate has a basic knowledge of R Studio and Matlab.
- Ability to act independently and take decisions without authorisation is expected.
- Good level of proficiency in written and spoken English and very good communication skills are also required.
Please send your application including CV, certificates, description of your previous professional activities to Dr Jaroslav Havlik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary on appointment will be € 42,900 per annum. This post is for a contract of 10 months.
For further information, please contact Dr Jaroslav Havlik on +420777558468 or email@example.com