The Department of Food Science and Technology, Institute for Food Technology is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate (Reference code: 25).
Extent of employment:40 Hours per Week
Duration of employment: 1st April 2018 limited to 31st March 2024
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement; for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 3.711,10
- Scientist (Post Doc) supporting research and teaching in the working group Food Technology
- Development and optimization of processes focussing on process engineering for physical, thermal and non-thermal unit-operations
- Investigating process-product interactions based on profound engineering knowledge mainly in the areas of extraction, drying, granulation, extrusion
- Conduction of lectures and practical courses in food process engineering
- Management of the pilot plant facility, leadership of assigned employees, planning and coordination of pilot plant trials, further improvement and extension of the infrastructure
- Acquisition of new projects in collaboration with industry and research partners
- Raising of external funds based on national and international research programmes
- Publication of scientific content.
- Doctorate degree
- Degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, food- or bioengineering or similar subjects with successfully conducted PhD
- Specialization in the area of thermal or mechanical unit operations
- Experience with design and optimization of processes and equipment as well as with modelling and simulation tools
- Interest in food science and technology and in the development of innovative processing concepts
- Didactic skills and proof of successful teaching activities
- Experience in application for and management of research projects
- Independent way of working, high motivation and willingness to support the team
- Very good proficiency in English and advanced level in German.