The candidate is expected to be able to perform fundamental and applied research in the area of biobased polymers. He/she should be autonomous and develop and build research projects in collaboration with academic and industrial partners.
The successful candidate is expected to develop his/her own research direction in the area of biobased polymers and composites and participate to the supervision of PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and trainees. He/she will be expected:
- To propose new topics and perform research with a high scientific visibility being also attractive for industrial applications;
- Publish in the best scientific journals;
- Apply for projects on the national and international level and build projects in collaboration with industry keeping, at the same time, high scientific standards.
The successful candidate is expected to participate to various teaching activities in MINES ParisTech, in particular, in teaching for “Paris Sciences et Lettres” (PSL) Research University, Cote d’Azur University as well as Post-Master program in the area of his/her expertise. He/she will participate in teaching for Executive Engineering program of MINES ParisTech and students’ projects “The job of engineer”. He/she will also be involved in tutoring of Post-Master students as well as in advising PhD students. He/she will also be encouraged to suggest new courses which would enrich the spectrum of courses offered by MINES ParisTech.
- PhD in the fields affiliated to biobased polymers.
- Background in chemistry/polymer synthesis and/or in biology and/or in processing is encouraged.
- Demonstrated experience in students’ supervision.
- Interest to develop in CEMEF high-level research attracting international recognition, in collaboration with CEMEF researchers.
- Capacity to generate a strong activity in publishing and in research visibility.
- Potential in building research projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working in the international context.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate in English.
- Will to learn French for foreign candidates.