We are looking for
Wageningen University has a long tradition of education in Food Science and Technology and is currently ranked no 1 worldwide in this field (Shanghai ranking 2017). Within the field of Food Science and Technology we offer one BSc programme and three MSc programmes (Food Technology, Food Safety, Food Quality Management, each with several specialisations), which are all taught fully in English from 2018. Currently around 1400 students from over 50 countries study in these programmes, with a 10% annual growth. One of the specialisations within the MSc programme is the European Masters in Food Studies (www.eurmscfood.nl), an international, industry sponsored 2-year programme, where students study 4 months at Wageningen University, 2 months at UCC Cork, 2 months at AgroParisTech and 2 months at Lund University. The second year takes largely place at one of the multinational sponsoring companies.
A major part of the Extension Officer will be co-ordinating this specialisation, which also includes (financial) project management and study advising (2-3 days/week). A second role the Extension Officer will be to actively built an industrial network for the study programmes. The Extension Officer will thus be a bridge between students and the food industry worldwide, which includes the following tasks:
- Acquisition of internship
placements for MSc students in the food industry worldwide, in
co-operation with the departmental internship co-ordinators
- Organising excursions for students
- Developing a guest lecture series and ad-hoc interactions between students and the food industry
- Be the contact person for the career market for our field
- Supervising and helping students in food-related student contests and/or develop new competitions (internally or externally)
- Co-organising the Global Food Summer school and other similar events
- Contact person in international educational networks/educational projects
- Help with entrepreneurial activities/ideas with students
Extension Officer will be part of the Food Sciences educational team, which consists of 7 study advisors, a secretary and a programme director.
We aim for a starting date of April 1st, 2018.
The following profile details should apply to candidates;
- Have a university degree (MSc or higher) in Food Science or a related field
- Have at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Have good networking skills and a good international network in the food industry
- Have affinity for all aspects of food science and technology (ranging from Food Law to Food Process engineering)
- Have experience in project management
- Be flexible
- Have interest and/or experience in working with multinational university students or study programmes
- Good communication and presentation skills in English.
Wageningen University & Research is an international organisation. We expect our staff to have excellent command of the English language. This is an important factor in our selection process. Some job interviews will be in English. You will be informed beforehand should this be the case. This position requires an excellent English language proficiency (a mininum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
We offer initially a one-year position (0.8-1 fte per week) with possible extension. Gross salary per month depends on qualifications and will be in scale 11 (University scales) based on fulltime employment HR, minimum € 3475,--and maximum € 4757,-- gross per month.